Locus aims to automate and optimize your logistics operations with scalable and reliable technology solutions, to help boost business efficiency and align ourselves with your goals.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this along with our Privacy Overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
Data Collections and Uses
Scope: This policy applies to users of Locus APP (LOTR) anywhere in the world, including users of LOTR apps & services.
This policy also applies to those who provide information to LOTR in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information LOTR otherwise receives in connection with its services. All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
The Information We Collect
For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to
- Latitude & Longitude
- Battery Status
- Wi-Fi Connection Status
- Mobile Service Provider
- Mobile Service Provider Signal
- Mobile Service Provider Status
- Data Connection Status
- Location Setting
- Data Used by the App
- Device Model
- Device Make
- OS Version
- Hardware Serial Number
Cookies and Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services We may also allow others to provide audience measurement and analytics services for us, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet, and to track and report on the performance of those advertisements.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Locus may share the information we collect:
- For the purpose of business with the company you are associated with
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum: Locus love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as Locus blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of Locus accounts that you may use: If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your information with the owner of that profile.
- With Locus subsidiaries and affiliates: Locus may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background checks providers
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Locus or on Locus’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist Locus to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Vehicle solution vendors or third party vehicle suppliers.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute: Locus may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Locus rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With your consent Locus may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing
Information Retention and Deletion
Locus requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your LOTR/Locus account.
Locus retains certain information, listed above for a minimum of 7 years(unless stated else in the contract) in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Locus services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Locus takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the LOTR app, or via Locus website,
Following such request, Locus deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Locus may be unable to delete your account; such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Locus will delete your account as described above.
Locus may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Locus shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Locus may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Locus account in the future.
Choice and Transparency
Locus provides means for you to see and control the information that Locus collects, including through:
- device permissions
- request via employer
You may also request that Locus provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data by reaching out to us via your employer.
Updates to This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the LOTR apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.