Top 10 Trends in the On-Demand Home Services Market in 2020
On-demand home service, once a luxury is now turning into a necessity in the United States. Check out the top ten trends in America’s home services industry, as the Coronavirus cloud continues to hover around.
The US Home Services market is soaring
- 1)The global online on-demand home services market will grow up to $1,574.86 billion during 2020-2024.
- 2)The US on-demand home services sector currently stands at $600 billion. It has shown a steadfast growth during the pandemic and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 49% by 2021.
America’s most favorite home services
- 3)Home cleaning and repairs, salon and beauty treatments, and electrician and plumbing services are USA’s most popular on-demand home services.
- 4)The demand for home-diagnostics and home sample collection services especially has risen since the Coronavirus outbreak.
Top Home Service Marketplaces
- 5)Amazon Home Service, IAC, Yelp, SERVIZ, TaskRabbit, ServiceTitan, and Handy are the key players operating in the US home service market.
Online Appointment Scheduling
- 6)46% of US consumers prefer to schedule appointments via email, an online platform, or a mobile app, while only 38% of home service SMEs are offering digital self-scheduling.
Greater Demand for Consumer Visibility
- 7)Consumers expect to be updated on their service requests through updates over SMS/email/App Notifications to Live Tracking & ETA updates.
Customer Satisfaction is Key
- 8)80% of customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its products and services.
- 9)65% of consumers have cut ties with a brand over a single poor customer service experience.
Shift towards White-Glove Home Services
- 10)As hygiene and safety take the center stage during COVID-19, home service providers across the United States are now offering white-glove home services, ensuring that technicians undergo regular temperature checks, wear new masks, clean disposable gloves, and practice social distancing to minimize contact with customers.